EQM Posted To UA/CO For Flying US in 2012?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Titans26, Nov 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently when you fly USAir you can have your miles posted to your CO OnePass account and they also qualify as EQM. Will that carry over to 2012? There are some great USAir fares for 2012 that I'm interested in booking if I can post miles to UA/CO.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

2. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    US, UA & CO are all members of the Star Alliance and allow for earning of EQM & RDM on each other's flights.

That said, each carrier has its own rules & the number of EQM/RDM miles & elite bonuses (if any) earned may differ based on the fare flown.

Best bet is to always check the mileage earning chart for the carrier operating the flight.

catgirl likes this.
  3. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, check the UA and CO charts to see where the better option for crediting is until the 2 programs are one. For instance, CO gives 500 mile min to elites UA gives actual miles flown.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will they count? Almost certainly, and quite likely at 100%. I wouldn't be too worried about booking US planning to credit to UA next year. There are some other partners where it isn't quite so clear, but US should be fine.