Envoy tomorrow CLT-CDG, lounge access policy?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Feb 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are flying CLT-CDG tomorrow in Envoy (we're both also Star Alliance Gold members), and I just wanted to verify the lounge access policy. When reading the Star Alliance lounge access rules, it sounds like we would have access to the US Airways club in CLT just based on the fact that we're *G and flying internationally...however, 20 percent of the time, my hyper-literal mind reads the following policy: "US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access US Airways Clubs within the US when traveling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight" in the light that it could be interpreted that a "Star Alliance international flight" is any international flight on a Star Alliance carrier, other than US Airways. However, then reason kicks in and I say to myself, "of course that includes US Airways flights, they're in the Star Alliance." However, just thought I'd ask here!

Also, because I truly don't know, even if we weren't Star Gold, would we have access just based on the fact that we're in Envoy? And does it matter that we're on an award ticket?

Thanks!

2. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are good to go. Enjoy Paris!

3. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even if you were not *G you would be able to access the CLT US Airways lounges. Any *A business or first class international ticket would have access to the lounge regardless of your status. As long as you are not non-rev it doesn't matter how you acquired the ticket.

DeacFlyer1 likes this.