Envoy 767 or BA Premium economy

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by chz2215, Nov 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which would you choose? I can use my chairman upgrade in one direction and economy in the other hoping to upgrade that if it opens. Or BA premium economy round trip. Curious if envoy on the 767 is much better than BA premium economy...

2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Envoy is way better. You'll get real sleep on the way to Europe this way vs a roomy BA chair seat.

Economy home from Europe is generally fine since it's daytime and as a Chairman member on US you might get an op-up on the way home for free - happened to a good friend several times on US metal EU-USA flights this year already. Don't count on it but you might get lucky.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can sleep sitting up then WTP is OK. But it is not a biz product, even compared to a prior generation of biz.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Envoy on the 767 is much better than World Traveller Plus.

Which direction can you confirm the upgrade on? If it's US -> Europe, i wouldn't even hesitate on choosing the 767 option. Much easier to sleep in an angled lie-flat than coach. Have done the 767 in envoy, slept very well. Not the A330 suite, but way better than WTP.

5. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help. Booked US. Upgrade cleared for return on waitlist for the outbound.

Sean Colahan likes this.