Entertainment 2011 book not as good as before.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by chemist562, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    I bought a 2011 Entertainment book. In the past, most of the dining coupons have been buy one, get another free meal free. I noticed in this year's book (less so than last year) that more coupons have the stipulation to also buy 2 drinks to get the free meal. Also, there have been more coupons that have the 2nd meal at 50% off instead of free. Also, several of the restaurants featured in the book is out of business. [​IMG]

I still get my money's worth (if I get a deal <=$20/book) because I can use the priceline (although worse deal than last year) & American Airlines discount.

2. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't bought the book in 3 years. The 'deals' have been going downhill.

SC Flier likes this.
  3. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I gave the Ent. Book a two year try, and then let it go. For me, too much time going through it to find what I might use, and then I used very little. It weighed me down....so, gone!

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is currently now so much more competition for discounts, and they give you instant gratification, such as groupon or restaurant.com.

5. Flyer_Esq
    Original Member

Flyer_Esq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I buy the entertainment book every year and I have also noticed that the quality of the coupons has gone downhill. I pay about $20 for it, and I easily recoup my money with the priceline coupon, the movie ticket coupons and a few restaurants that I frequent. I'd probably think twice if I had to pay the full price ($40), but at $20 it is still a good value.

6. Can you pm the American Airlines discount code? I can definitely use it. If there is any way I can help you with a code or something let me know. if it wasn't for the need to get on an AA flight with my mom to see my ill grandpa I would have saved by taking jetblue but that is out of the question.

7. Probably because also they are getting competition from the growing social group buying too going on by other companies such as Groupon, Living social, etc..