Entering UA MP # on USAirways.com broken

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by TravelerRob, Jul 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    So today is the second time in about two weeks I've had to book US tickets using the US website. When I enter my UA MP # (it starts with "UA" btw) and I select United in the drop-down box I get back just the numbers after the "UA" on the flight confirmation page. I then have to go in and edit passenger details and re-enter the UA in front of the number and then it sticks.

Is this a website bug of being 'too smart' and thinking the traveler is entering UA to signify United as the FF #? Or does everyone who enters a UA MP # on USAirways.com have this problem?

Once I enter it the second time and the website recognizes it my *G status is known right away because of the seats I get automatically assigned which are usually Choice Preferred.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I don't have this problem, but I'm only an occasional booker on US. I always enter my UA # but haven't had any issues. I wonder if it's a browser issue? Maybe try flushing your cookies?

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have tried that. I've also tried multiple browsers (when I knew there was more than one seat available on the ticket I was buying so losing it and re-searching it wasn't a problem).

I think US's website sees me enter the UA and thinks I'm trying to force it to United by doing that instead of looking at the fact I selected 'United' in the drop-down to the right of where you enter your FF#.

Not a huge deal as I know to look for it.

-Rob