Entering mileage plus account number on premier line verification

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by meFIRST, Feb 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    The number one thing that annoys me is that the verification process doesn't tell you you have failed.
    Instead they just throw you to the regular line. The sure way I know I have failed is it doesn't ask me for my zip code or last name.

So to authenticate, I tried entering my number on the phone, but the first two digits are alphabets.
    Correspondingly, for example, lets say its GM123445 . Saying the number while driving on in a busy area yields comical results
    I tried spelling out G = 4 M =6, followed by the number 12345 and it didn't work.
    Does anyone have directions?

BTW : The PMUA numbers (all digits) made much more sense. 0065xxxxxxx

2. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you stored your phone number(s) in your MP profile as this way, it should recognize the number you're calling from and eliminate the mishegas you're going thru

Oh and yes, the PMUA system of all numbers was better

3. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:

I tend to call from overseas [ non US telephone number ] or from a temporary location ( i.e hotel phone), so that doesn't really work.

4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could calling from overseas be the issue in itself? I don't know but as screwed up as United is these days, you never know

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Works for me:

2=ABC
    3=DEF
    4=GHI
    5=JKL
    6=MNO
    7=PQRS
    8=TUV
    9=WXYZ

6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have my numbers registered in my account details, but the system only recognizes my cell. I call more frequently from my office, which is fortunately very quiet. It would still be nice if they wouldn't make us enter or say the number on each of our registered phone numbers.

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.
  7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be a change you would like. Frustration >----------------------------> Friendly!

KenInEscazu likes this.