ENTER for a chance to WIN a week of France by Car!

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by Kalboz, Jun 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Europe by car 7 day Citroën c5 car rental sweepstakes entry form
    [​IMG]

MX, rwoman, garyst16 and 1 other person like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    5. Grand Prize: There is only one prize per person/e-mail address. The winner will be notified promptly after the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. There will be 1 Prize awarded consisting of the following:
    The Winner will receive one week (7 days) rental of a Citroen C5 HDI Diesel A/C with GPS

Vehicle type is standard shift manual. Delivery of a particular type of vehicle cannot be guaranteed. Rate includes unlimited kilometers, third party liability, the 19.6% VAT and airport or rail station delivery fee. Road fee is an additional €18 paid in France directly to car rental supplier. Collision and theft insurance is included with a deductible equal to the value of the rented vehicle. Collision damage waiver (CDW) and theft protection (TP) are not included. Customer must use a credit card that covers deductible allowing customer to decline the optional CDW and TP. So as to meet the requirements of the credit card issuer, Europe by Car, Inc. will charge customer $10 for the rental on the credit card that covers the deductible and customer would then decline the optional CDW and TP when presented with the rental agreement at the time of pick-up. Al other conditions as outlined in Europe by Car, Inc. voucher customer must present at the time of pick-up and on rental supplier’s rental agreement.

Approximate Retail Value: $2,665.00

Seriously? They target the US and can't be bothered to provide an automatic drive vehicle? (personally, I have no problems with stick-shift, but it still seems silly). And the retail value is $2665?? Wow, I didn't know Europe had become that expensive.

rwoman and Kalboz like this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    That should be no problem. It's rather unreasonable to expect the host country to change their habits just to attact American tourists. Wouldn't it be bizarre if a US car rental company started offering steering wheels on the right?

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rental cars with automatic transmission are readily available in Europe. The analogy is thus flawed.

And yes, this whole give-away is ONLY about attracting American tourists... And typically if you want to attract someone, you make it attractive for them, not difficult. There is no requirement for the host country to change their habits at all.

5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm American - and find stick-shift attractive, not difficult. :cool: But I agree with you that it's not an integral part of the French experience. The promo simply offered for free what's typical in France, and one can always substitute for an extra charge.

In general, I'm guessing that American and other tourists travel to France for experiences they cannot find at home. The French tourism establishment seems pretty competent at what they do, judging by the results. I understand that France is the #1 tourist destination in the world, ahead of the US.