Enhanced HH Gold Benefits

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Kalboz, Feb 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received an email from HH this morning:
    More here: http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/landing/myway_benefits/index.do?wt.mc_id=CMEM_BPK1AJB8fv8zSX

Does this mean upgrades to suites?
    [​IMG]

Skypath, uggboy, fabiovilela and 7 others like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the same email and focused on this: As a Gold member, you have the option of choosing between these two great benefits. My question - is that a change? If I do an award reservation at say the Conrad BKK could I still hope for executive floor and breakfast, as a gold?

3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Whats'new here?

uggboy likes this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:

uggboy likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Standard suites are no longer excluded from Diamond upgrades.

Other than that the only thing that's new is that Diamonds will get the 1000 bonus points in addition to, rather than as a replacement for, an upgrade/breakfast.

Which is actually IMHO the least generous elite bonus point amenity, 1000 Hilton points are worth less than the 1000 Hyatt points and 500 Starwood points for instance. Though of course SPG, in introducing breakfast, does make you choose breakfast vs the amenity.

Hilton still lags SPG and Hyatt. But this is an improvement in the T&C of the program, we'll see how suite upgades work out in practice. But at least they're included, making the program better than Marriott Rewards..

Skypath, uggboy, alohastephen and 3 others like this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This seems to be more like an enticement for Golds to try to achieve Diamond status than the introduction of new benefits for Golds, who get to choose to have either breakfast or 1000 HH points, but is this truly new?

uggboy, alohastephen and Kalboz like this.
  7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    doesnt appear to offer anything new for gold (which is already more generous than similar tiers in other programs)

8. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got a similar message today -- only I'm Hilton Diamond and got it from a promo that required x number of stays in y amount of time where x wasn't a big number and I was on a trip that required I be in a different city every night for a week.

To me, the main value of being gold or above are the free breakfasts at HGIs and the free water bottles have saved me a stop to buy some when I'm on trips where and have flown in with just carry on luggage and it's warm weather etc.

DTWBOB

uggboy, alohastephen and Kalboz like this.
  9. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not too much new here, but doesn't change the fact that I friggin LOVE Hilton.

10. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Any particular reason? ;)

11. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1. Pray tell good sir.

Casey Friday, uggboy and alohastephen like this.
  12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:

My wife got the email with the subject line "Learn more about your Blue status" -- and indeed it appears to be their weird way to make you want to get higher status.

uggboy, alohastephen and kyunbit like this.
  13. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean the one in Paris?

Kalboz, uggboy and alohastephen like this.
  14. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    bleh.. no. a rather abused hotel that i'd prefer not to settle into for the night

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  15. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I often stay at Homewood Suites (for the kitchen - due to our food allergies), and it just seems like the service gets better every single time, even though it was fantastic to start.

We also just cashed in on a 6 night stay at the Waldorf Orlando, and it was by far the best hotel experience I have ever had, even though I'm relatively new to this game (3 or 4 years). I got an upgrade (and always do, thanks to HH Gold).

I just get warm fuzzies when I think about Hilton. Maybe it's just been a stroke of good luck (though I doubt it), but I've had nothing but fantastic experiences with them. :)

16. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton is a pretty good chain for the infrequent travel. Gold status is easy to achieve and had some substantial advantages over similar status in other chains - i.e., free internet, free breakfast and the possibility of an upgrade.

The recent changes establishing the Premium awards might change the value of Hilton. But to date, I had no problem getting what I wanted. I am still looking closely at those changes and constantly evaluating the situation - but so far, it has not been a big issue.

Now, if only Hilton will establish life time status it would be nice.

riverchica, Kalboz, uggboy and 3 others like this.
  17. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I liked this mostly for the thought of lifetime status, although you're right that gold hhonors is a very good midtier program. Hilton is also far more prevalent in smaller markets than Starwood, so for those of us traveling to small towns, it's really gotta be Hilton, IHG or Marriott.