End of "Buy Up to Preferred?"

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ARLVACP, Aug 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ARLVACP

ARLVACP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone heard anything about what US will do with the buy up to preferred program? Website says good thru Feb 2015 if you buy up this year. Am CP this year thru Feb 2015, but question is what to do about next year. By October, should have 75k PQM, but not sure I'll make the 100k by year's end -- and not sure if AA will carry over CP status to Ex Plat next year.... Gather others in the same boat, but haven't seen much written about this. Thanks in advance for any info!

uggboy, gaijin62 and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting to see that no one has responded to your posting. I'll take a PWAG that "buy up to preferred" program will be going the way of the dodo bird. But having just read a posting elsewhere that the US-AA merger will be likely take until late 2015 to be near completion, just maybe we'll have another year to "buy up to preferred".

3. ARLVACP

ARLVACP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep - with this merger, anything is possible :D Used to be that you could do a couple of mileage runs to Europe or Asia and re-qualify. The current stratospheric airfares make me wonder if it's cheaper in the long run to skip the status game and look into netjets:p

4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like they will let us do as they do on American, you can buy up to the next closest level, but that's it. So, I'll bet you can buy up to your Plat if you need to, but not to Executive Chairman. The part that also hurts a bit there is the price for buying up has appeared to have doubled.