Empower

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by TAHKUCT, Mar 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will be traveling on Aer Lingus from MAD to IAD and see that it has an Empower port. I have never seen one of those. Can somebody recommend one, preferably one that I can buy in a local store. Might not have enough time to get it online? Thanks

2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'm sure they sell those on board, if you're in the premium cabin, they might loan you one for free.

But they come at a price: United sells them for 125 USD...

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flying business on United Code share operated by Aer Lingus. Do you think they will have them on board?

4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72024149

I have never flown Aer Lingus tatl, so i have no idea, but it looks like you're covered per this google search

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I still have an Empower port. Happy to lend it to you if I can find it.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    So a quick search through my house yielded the empower port cable-to-DC cigarette lighter outlet, but I can't seem to locate the Empower AC unit (plugs into cigarette lighter outlet gives "brick" AC outlet power, like a mini power strip).

I'll keep looking for the AC power brick. But if you think the DC outlet will work (I also have a spare USB cigarette lighter adapter) I can send them to you.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  8. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your kind offer. It is really apprecaited. However, I do a lot of things last minute :D and need this adapter before Friday.

My IT guy suggested this: http://www.myinnergie.com/mCubeMini/Default.aspx and is available at one of my local computer stores. Will take a look at it today and maybe willjust purchase it. It looks like it will serve my purpose plus it is very compact and only weighs 67.5g