Emirates President Speaks Candidly About Open Skies

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    If you're bored of hearing about Open Skies at this point, by all means skip this post. I'm an all around aviation and airline geek, and I realize not everyone is as obsessed as I am. Beyond flying and frequent flyer programs, I'm equally fascinated by the business side of the industry, and especially the "personalities" in the industry. I think it's also relevant to our hobby, since it gives us an idea of what executives in the industry are thinking, and what we should expect in the future. I won't recap my whole thought process again, other than to say that US airlines have been making their Open Skies case in the most embarrassing way imaginable. Therefore the Middle Eastern carriers have been winning by default, even while keeping their mouths shut (or in the case of Qatar's CEO, Akbar Al Baker, keeping their mouths wide open). ;) Emirates has been extremely quiet in the Open Skies battle, other than a 16 page journal they recently released, whereby they really school the US carriers. The post Emirates President Speaks Candidly About Open Skies appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...