Emirates Not Honoring Chauffeur Service On Previously Made Bookings

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Last week I shared the news that Emirates is no longer offering complimentary chauffeur service to first and business class passengers that didn’t have their tickets issued by Emirates or Qantas. It’s a disappointing change for those of us booking through partner airlines (especially since I know lots of us book Emirates first class using Alaska miles), though I can also see the logic in it from their perspective. I think that’s a more customer-friendly change than keeping it for all ticket stock and just removing it from award tickets, for example. Anyway, originally the change was supposed to kick in for bookings made on or after January 1, 2015. Based on what I was told at the time, previously booked tickets would have chauffeur service honored, and that did seem to be the case in practice. In other words, last week people were reporting still seeing the option of booking a chauffeur online. The post Emirates Not Honoring Chauffeur Service On Previously Made Bookings appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...