Emirates First Class from BKK to HKG - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TravelMusing, Nov 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

Just to put some context on my post.

I already have an award ticket on TG J from BKK to HKG, but am very tempted to try out the Emirates F suite. I checked out the price and it is about 650 CAD, all in.

I've never tried both TG J, and Emirates F, and based on what I heard about Emirates... Would really love to experience it.

I am not sure if I can get the miles of the TG ticket refunded, as it is part of a mutli-city round trip. My first segment is SQ J from SIN to BKK.

Any thoughts to help me with my final decision? :)

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry I cannot help you with EK F, but I just have a question. Is the whole multi-city round trip on one itinerary? If yes, wouldn't not boarding the TG flight result in the cancellation of subsequent segments as well?

lwkatya and TravelMusing like this.
  3. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    My bad, Cennas...

My ticket is multi-city, but it only has 2 flight segments... My trip will end in HKG... and from there, I will catch my CX flight back to YYZ.

I would very much like to try the Emirates F product... The only affordable way to try it was a one way ticket to HKG from BKK... But at the same time, I have never tried TG J...

I am leaning towards staying with my TG J flight for now, and save the money for my next trip back to Asia...

*sigh* Thanks to MilePoint and FlyerTalk... My appetite to try out premum travel in different airlines has increased tremendously! :p

lwkatya, miles and smiles and cennas like this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah ok...thanks for clarifying :)

I've read several EK F trip reports on this route, the reviews seem to be mixed. I've flown TG J several times on this route too, it's not fantastic but can be very good on a good day. Anyway the flight is very short, about 2h 15mins.

Compared to J, F is F is F is still F, so if you think the price is reasonable then I say go for it :)

lwkatya and TravelMusing like this.
  5. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have done this route in F on the 380 a few times and it is well worth it, The only problem is the flight is so short that you will want to fly again in EK F. The service is still great and the only thing they do not offer is the PJs, you still get amenities and a full meal service. The flight gives you just enough time to shower, go to the back bar and grab a drink and then return to your F seat for your meal.

TravelMusing likes this.