Emirates contacting you by email to sell upgrade

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by jonspencer, Sep 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been flying on Emirates long-haul every month for almost 10 years and my company policy is no Business Class if flights are not over 6 hours

during this time period I have probably only been contacted a dozen times or so with an offer to upgrade from Economy to Business for $ xxx

I never took up any of the offers but almost every time was bumped from Economy to Business :eek:

my understanding is on busier routes, passengers are contacted more often

you will only maybe get bumped up on EK if Economy is 100% full, there are no other strategies

I never saw much of an advantage to the A380 until recently, if I am taking a personal trip to the USA where they have been adding A380 service steadily, I can almost always upgrade with points (I never use Skywards points for anything but upgrades)

it must have been a Boeing salesman talking about the A380 who said "have you ever been on a flight and wished there were more people on the airplane with you?" ;)

iolaire likes this.
  2. SYD

SYD Silver Member

Status Points:
    EK have a nice reputation for OpUps. My first trip with them (DXB-BCN) was bumped at the 1st Lounge from J (QF award seat!) to F.

3. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    a couple days before a recent Emirates flight (at my expense) I received the message below

We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your travel to Business Class on flight EK0202 on XXXXXXX from New York to Dubai for your booking under reference YYYYY. This exclusive offer is available on a first come first served basis up to 24 hours prior to departure at the special price of USD 1000.00 per person.

while sitting in the Business Class lounge after check-in I received a new upgraded (op-up) ticket for $0 :eek:

SYD likes this.