Emirates Cheap Ticketing Options

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by eightblack, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of the best kept secrets for ticketing on EK is starting your journey via CMB (Columbo). Ok, granted its not the most central location, but if you're planning a vacation, and dont mind the additional stop, the savings can be significant. Especially in the premium cabins.

For example, if I want to fly SIN-LHR, I could take the direct option on EK out of SIN (SIN-DXB, then connect with DXB-LHR). If I price this in J, in SGD, the fare works out to be $5889 (See below)

[​IMG]

But if I break up the trip and I do the following, watch what happens to the overall fare.

1. Buy a SIN-CMB-SIN in Y (SGD$497.30) - its only 4 hrs
    2. Buy a CMB-LHR-CMB in J (SGD$3579)

Which means that the total is $497.30 + $3579 = $4076.30, which means you save over $1800 (30%)

You'll also find that if you do depart SIN on this schedule, the flight number is exactly the same, as its the connecting flight to DXB (ie EK349)

[​IMG]

The savings are even greater if you ticket in F. For example, SIN-LHR-SIN in F, fare = SGD$9138.

Follow the above strategy, and it prices out at SGD$497.30 and $5490 = $5987.30 (save 35%)

Ok, its one more stop and the sector between SIN-CMB-SIN is in Y, but if you're Gold on EK and the flights are oversold in Y or J, then op-ups are virtually guaranteed.

I have to go to DXB and LHR next month, and I'm doing exactly this in J. My plans are semi-flexible and I have no issue with the additional hop.

2. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some quite substantial savings!