Emirates 777-300 fleet showing its age!

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by trobb49, Mar 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    While the service is good, the F/As friendly and the food better than many airlines, I was a bit disappointed by a number of small equipment failures on my flights from KIX to DXB and back.

My overhead light failed to work, and although they tried to reboot the system that didn't solve the problem. I had to move to another seat mid-flight.

Then on the way back, the latch on my tray table wouldn't catch. The tray wouldn't go in far enough to let me push it down. I asked an F/A what to do and she did manage to get it to move by putting her full weight on it while standing! Later, I was successful but managed to chip a fingernail in the process.

Also the ICE screen displayed "Sorry. This programme is unavailable at the moment" for the entire flight while the actual "Skyshow" was playing underneath. Tapping on the screen caused the message to disappear for a few seconds, then it bounced back.

Has anyone else noticed these signs of age?

error-message.jpg traylatch.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds unfortunate, usually Emirates operate at "high quality" at least in our experience so far. Having said this, thanks for letting us know here on MP!

Newscience likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps UA could buy their 773s :)

4. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree that the product is not as good as it was, Emirates flights to sub-Saharan Africa and India can definitely be sub-par :eek:

they cut out the chauffeur drive at HKIA for Business Class, amenity kits are only given one way now and the food service has been weaker in both Business and Economy IMO

on top of that Skywards members got a "haircut" on their point totals in a recent devaluation, where you now need 50% more points for the same upgrades you previously were entitled too

a recent HKG - DXB flight on the A380 went to remote parking? (which I just hate)

I should learn next week if Qatar Airways will grant me a Gold status match as a former customer who simply could not tolerate the endless delays for the opening of the new Doha airport and stopped using them

I feel Emirates is taking people's business for granted somewhat these days and want another similar option

trobb49, MX and Newscience like this.
  5. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    They would be a step up!

jonspencer likes this.
  6. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I forgot to mention... when I had the problem with the non-functioning overhead light, I got moved to an exit row seat, so it had a happy ending!

uggboy likes this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good resolution.