Emily Harris, 9-Year-Old Girl, Clears Customs With Toy Passport Identifying Her As Unicorn

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jun 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...stoms-turkey_n_3429047.html?utm_hp_ref=travel

[​IMG]

According to childhood legend, it's no secret that unicorns can fly. Once they've reached their destination, though, how do they clear customs?

As Emily Harris found out, apparently unicorns have no difficulty using passports just like the rest of us. During a trip to Turkey in late May, the 9-year-old girl likely came to that realization after entering the country on a toy passport, which identified her as a unicorn.

The girl's mother, Nicky, had accidentally mixed in Emily's toy passport with the rest of the family's legitimate documents, reports the South Wales Argus.

When the customs official at Turkey's Antalya Airport reviewed them, apparently the photo of "Lily," a bright purple unicorn identified as having black-colored eyes, a height of 37cm, and -- tellingly -- a giant horn, didn't raise suspicions. Indeed, a stamp admitting the creature into the country can clearly be seen in a photo of the passport's lower right corner.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...stoms-turkey_n_3429047.html?utm_hp_ref=travel

2. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    ha ha ha Its nice. :)

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    When she returned to the UK they put her in quarantine, due to not complying with the EU rules for importing mythical animals:

Pets entering the UK from a listed third country or EU member state must meet the following EU rules:
    • microchip
    • vaccination for rabies
    • EU pet passport or official third country health certificate confirming microchip and vaccination
    • 21 day wait from date of vaccination
    • All pet dogs (including assistance dogs) must be treated for tapeworm - the treatment must be administered by a vet not less than 24 hours and not more than 120 hours (1 to 5 days) before it is checked in with an approved transport company for its journey into the UK

sobore likes this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point. I was traveling with my unicorn last year. I was stopped at UK immigration for having an expired rabies tag. Ever spend two days stuck in an airport with a pissed-off unicorn? :(

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've run into quite a number of pissed off eunuch thorns who worked at airports.

sobore likes this.
  6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because of this very lax security around unicorns, they are spreading rapidly. I spotted these two in a remote area of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The one on the left had a horn at least fifty feet tall, while the one on the right is nine years old like Emily, which makes me concerned that these unicorns are now breeding rapidly and could soon become a widespread global problem. :(
    I also discovered that they subsist on a diet of Cheez-its, because they unabashedly left a trail of Cheez-it bits all over my car. :eek:
    Where is the NSA when we really need them? :mad:

SDC11755 - Copy (600x800).jpg