Emerald Club - walk up enrollment & retroactive credit..?

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by Gaucho, May 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... so Ive reserved two National rentals in the next 4 days, but I failed to sign up for Emerald Club membership. Does anybody know if I can do a walk up enrollment at the desk when I appear to get my rental car..?

If not, can I get retroactive credit for these rentals after I get my membership number..?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Additional question.... do you fail to get any sort of rental credit (or points credit) if you book a rental using a third party service like Vroom...?

Thanks.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure as to the answer to your second post .. I guess someone here would know.

As to your first posting. You do not need signup by going into the office which may take a little time and which requires you fill information into your profile and have them check if you have a valid drivers license (and/or not a lot on points in even if valid)
    The signup to the EC can be done online, all the required information will be entered into your profile and you can even print out a copy of the card.

Pickup ... select your car, present the (temporary) card and the credit card you which to use to the attendant at the checkout/exit and off you go.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well.... I didn't have time to do this in person because of late arrival and baggage issues, so I will go the traditional route and see how it goes with retroactive credit.

Will report back as I make progress.... thanks for all for you assistance with this.

Cheers from EZE,
    Alex / Gaucho100K

5. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think that if you signup online and present the temporary card when you return the car you may have luck getting them to just add it to the reservation.

I can't speak for all third party sites, but a lot of corporate programs require travelers to book through a specific site, say Orbits or Expedia... and those reservations earn points/status credit. I'd imagine there's a possibility that some of the bulk or deeply discounted reservations sites may not earn points, but I haven't seen that happen personally.