Emerald club aisle?

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by jakem4800, May 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jakem4800

jakem4800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is everyone's experience with emerald aisle? I got an upgrade to a world elite MasterCard with usairways and it offered the perk of being an elite member with national for free. So you can reserve a midsize price and get what type of car in return?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What level Emerald aisle? Regular? Executive? Executive Elite? For one, the Executive level gives you more cars to choose from.

But basically you reserve a midsize and get whatever is in the appropriate "Emerald aisle(s)". Could be full sizes, SUVs, new models, all sorts of stuff. And the cars are usually newer than the ones not in "the aisle". But no, you're not likely to get a luxury car, sports car or a convertible. And sometimes I don't like any of the aisle choices and just pick something else, which they're fine with as long as you stay in full-size car territory.

Anyhow, my experiences with Emerald and/or Emerald Executive have been excellent. I find dealing with them to be FAR easier than dealing with some of their competitors. Do note though your experiences may vary by location and maybe I just happen to rent from the National-friendly places!

Sweet Willie and Newscience like this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    At some smaller airports you still have to stop by their desk to get your keys, but at larger ones, as they advertise, you can pick your car from what's available on the lot and that the main reason I rent from them.

DTWBOB

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely been a a few which had only counter service but even then most of them ask if I see anything I like and they try to get it for me.