Embassy Suites Portland (Maine) review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This Embassy Suites is on the Portland Airport property and is about 400 feet from the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport. Short version of the review: I'd have no objection to staying here again.

The rooms have been renovated recently and are comfortable. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the desk chair. It was an orange leatherish thing which got uncomfortable after sitting at the desk for a while. The Herman Miller Mirra chairs which are typically at Hilton Garden Inns are much better if you're going to work for a few hours, in my view

The manager's reception was pretty uninspired. I thought I was in a airport lounge. There was trail mix, chips and salsa, and a couple veggies. There were not any hot options either time I was there; however, they claimed there were some hot appetizers floating around.

The restaurant was good. It had a nice mix of items and price points. I got a barbecue chicken pizza which was probably the best hotel pizza I've had in long time.

There was not recognition of my diamond status, other than two waters.

YULtide, Gargoyle and uggboy like this.