Embassy Suites Los Angeles - Glendale

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Philphactor, Dec 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    1-night weekday stay in Dec 2011
    MVP rate $157.20

The good:
    • Breakfast was A-OK. Good selection, one of the better ones from my ES stays.
    • Nice rooms. Minimal wear-n-tear. Definitely get city view or mountain view room so you're not looking at other buildings. Very comfortable, ergonomic chairs at the desk.
    • Pleasant staff. Everyone greeted me with a smile.
    Here's the not so good:
    • Self-Parking was pricey. IMHO, there was a lot of open space in the garage, and didn't seem to be worth a $15 premium.
    • Internet was slow and required Ethernet. Some properties are better than others when it comes to internet speed and working in the room. This property's internet could use some attention.
    • No recognition of status. I just received a standard HHonors welcome letter with the room key, had to mention Gold benefits to get complimentary internet.
    I wouldn't mind staying here again, but I will explore other properties in this area. I simply didn't get the WOW! experience at this property. With most of my ES stays, I get a welcome greeting/card/letter from the GM awaiting me as I enter the room. Not so with this property.

DAS02135 and uggboy like this.
  2. SST
    Original Member

SST Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find this hotel is a good choice in the BUR-GLENDALE-PASADENA area as it is reasonably priced, just off the 134/Ventura fwy.,and the rooms are nice. I've taken the Glendale Bee Line bus down Brand Blvd. (a 5 min walk from the back door) up to the restaurant district o f Glendale (25c fare), and the pool and spa are nice and rarely populated.

If you want to go to the (more lively) Pasadena downtown, it's only 10 minutes away by freeway. Downtown LA is about 30 mintues. Beds are comfortable, breakfast is good.

traveler, Philphactor and uggboy like this.