Embassy Suites Hotel Fort Lauderdale 17th Street

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Tenmoc, Apr 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Embassy Suites on 17th was a good stay. Nothing spectacular, but a good stay.
    Check in was simple and I was quickly given our keys. Being that we checked in at 10pm I was more concerned in finding a restaurant with the kitchen still open than worrying about anything else. Looking back there was no mention of status and to be honest I was not even given the code for the free internet at check in. I had to come back and ask for that after dinner. Waiting in our room for us though was a basket with soda, water, pretzels and M&Ms with a letter saying thank you for being diamond and staying with them from the general manager. This was a rather nice touch.[​IMG]

The room was a small suite on the twelfth floor. I enjoy the standard Embassy Suites open atrium layout. From up on twelve you could look all the way down although taking pics was too difficult at night. They had to wait until morning. The layout of the room was a little weird to me as the bathroom door was basically against the one side of the bed. But with a living room and a bedroom it was rather comfortable and easy to get a nice uncluttered sleep. The bed was rather comfortable as well. Much nicer than the Hilton Marina down the street.[​IMG]

Being that we stayed here only one night pre cruise we did not partake in either the manager’s reception each evening nor the breakfast. Yes breakfast would have been included but on day one of a vacation sleeping in and taking our time was more important.

This hotel did not have a shuttle to either airport or the cruise port so we were forced to take taxis. From the airport ran about $12 and to the port about the same.

It was a nice stay and depending upon the rate I would stay again. I would not however stay again at the rather high price I paid for this stay.

Kaanapali likes this.