Email response 2 months and a 1 day later

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by FlyingBear, May 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess this can serve as as a data point that United reads and response to message, just not very fast...

I put in am email question on March 21st asking about some of the discrepancies in my mileage account and today I got a response. The response was cookie-cutter "we don't have enough information' but still, they got back! May be next time it will be a useful response.

desamo likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They screwed themselves on the email thing with the PSS cutover. They're going through the backlog still but also supposedly answering new emails in a FIFO manner to be somewhat responsive to new inquiries. I haven't sent an email in a while so I don't know if that is working or not, but that's supposedly what they were doing.

desamo and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got a response to my 3/26 email about ZK earnings on 5/18, and the response did not address my question at all!

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a response to my 3/27-ish email about a non-returned GPU and some other issues and I got a reply maybe a month ago. It addressed my issue (GPU returned, compensation given, compliments forwarded).

5. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Took about a month to get my response just recently. Although nothing has changed but they said my credit may take up to 2 weeks. Personally they should just take a expense hit and pump out some serious overtime to clear any backlog, I would be pretty upset to get a response a month or 2 later when I had problems if I didn't know the UA system better.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, but do we know that they aren't already working on it overtime? I suspect one problem is duplication of messages where people don't receive a reply in a reasonably timeframe, so they send the message again... and again... (each time slightly angrier).

7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am sure that made the matters many times worse. Although I got nothing useful out of this, it's still better than A-club that responded to me once asking for more information to be sent to @no-reply email and then ignored the next 6 requests I sent them (not to the no-reply email, of course).

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  8. RRK

RRK Silver Member

Status Points:
    you would think, if any loyal elite UA customer sent an e-mail, they would care .... sadly to say, my last
    2 e-mails from 3 weeks ago to the 1Kvoice are still not answered.

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had emailed a complaint in the middle of April about a 'supervisor' who had royally screwed up on one of my GPU upgrades. I never got a written response but three weeks later, I found 10,000 RDM in my account described as "Customer Care Compensation", which I considered an appropriate response:D ...