email confirmation for reservation...?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Gaucho, Sep 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made a reservation on spg.com today and then realized my email was not properly updated... but at that point had already completed the reservation.

I then went to update my profile... and now my email is current. Now, where on the site do I go to have them resend me the confirmation email with my reservation details - now to my updated email address...?

Thanks,
    Gaucho

2. Stealth Traveler
    Original Member

Stealth Traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you didn't print out or save the confirmation number, then just call the CSR and have them upload it to your or if you have the confirmation number, you should be able to request your reservation online and then email it to yourself under you stays.

3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks... so there is no tab or botton on the site where I can view my reservation as booked and ask the site to "fire" off another email with the confirmation, right...?

4. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gaucho - I just checked the spg site myself and was surprised you do not have the ability to send yourself the booking info. Maybe a topic for SPG Champion to consider?

5. Stealth Traveler
    Original Member

Stealth Traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be a great initiative! This similar type circumstance happened to me a couple of years ago. I made an award reservation with the Plat Concierge and never got an email. I went in the system to make sure the res was there, and it was, but could never email it to myself. I had to call back to the concierge to get them to email it again to me, and it did show up that time. It wasn't a big deal, but I had a folder with all of my New Years Eve info in it for quick reference before and during the trip and just added an extra step (call) that didn't seem to be needed.

6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I view any of my current reservations on spg.com, I see a "Send Confirmation" link to the right of the confirmation number.

I also see the "Send Confirmation" links on spg.com's My Stays page.
    https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/account/reservations/index.html

If you use one of the brand-specific Starwood websites (sheraton.com, westin.com, etc.), then you'll also find additional links for your reservations. I don't know why spg.com doesn't offer these links, too. The additional links on the brand-specific webpages are...
    • Get Driving Directions
    • View Printable Version
    • Email Friends & Family
    • Download Reservation
    An easy way to see these is to view your reservation in spg.com and then manually change the URL in your browser's address bar. In the URL, change "preferred" to "sheraton".

Counsellor likes this.
  7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:

Yes. I've used this to get a copy of the reservation when I either didn't receive one or misplaced it. It works.

Gaucho likes this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes... Ive tried this but since my old email was associated to the original reservation... even though Ive not updated my profile, when I hit the button I think its sending the email to the old address..... Im not getting anything to my current inbox.... :(