Elite Status Challenge Question...

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by clscholes, Aug 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know this is touchy for some people, but I was included in the Elite Status Challenge, and had a question on the rules...from what I read, if I do a MR and use a discounted fare, I only get half the miles towards elite status, correct? Or do 100% of the miles count?

zpaul, Tenmoc and tondoleo like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:

Which elite status challenge are you talking about? The recent one where AA mistakenly offered it to anyone who applied? Or the standard elite status challenge that you call AA for and pay a fee?

zpaul and tondoleo like this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    So. you have challenges based on elite qualifying points, and challenges based on elite qualifying miles. Only AA coded and certain (but not all) partner coded flights apply.

The standard challenge is based on EQP. Deep discount economy = 0.5 EQP, but full Y = 1.5 EQP. If you fly paid business or full fare Y, EQP gets you further.

The very quickly taken down challenge is based on EQM. basically, 1 mile flown = 1 EQM (ignoring minimums). Cheap fares where you fly far work to your advantage here.

4. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was referring to the quickly taken down link...so that is miles only? That makes things interesting...in a good way.

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes, EQMs. That's why it was regarded as so lucrative.

zpaul likes this.