Elite status and code share, how do they work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by r0m8470, Jul 4, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. r0m8470

r0m8470 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, wondering if experts can shed some light on this.

I will be flying on Austrian, just a short hop from CDG to VIE.

- The segment from CDG to VIE is a code share, the actual operating airline is AF.
    - The segment from VIE to CDG is on Austrian.
    - Can I associate 1 FF account for the CDG to VIE segment, and another for the VIE to CDG?
    - If I have a Gold Medallion with Delta, does it provide anything on the code share flight? Seat selection, lounge access? Should I bother?
    - If I have Aeroplan Altitude 50K, is there any benefit listing that on the VIE to CDG segment?
    - How do these statuses work anyway, when there are flights ticketed by an airline that belong under an alliance, but operated by an airline from a different alliance?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Keep the SkyTeam FF# in until that segment is flown. Then, a day or two later, change to the *A one.
    Should get lounge access as a STE+ member, I believe
    Ditto.
    Partner of partner doesn't get you anything as a general rule. But direct partners will.

3. r0m8470

r0m8470 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thks..
    Just a side note: I tweeted both Austrian and Air France, and got good responses out of both. I was able to get my FF on record changed through Twitter DM.