Elite Rewards Are Back!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by AmericanAirlines, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Today we’re excited to announce the return of Elite Rewards. These special rewards are designed to thank our AAdvantage elite status members who (literally!) go the extra mile.

Qualifying members will be eligible to make a selection from a list of reward offerings which require no mileage redemption and are in addition to the benefits that elite members already enjoy.

2011 Elite Rewards qualification is based on two things: (1) elite status on Dec. 31, 2011, and (2) 2011 elite-qualifying points earned as of Dec. 31, 2011. Points, which you may know, are earned based on a combination of earned miles and the class of service purchased. This is the only qualification requirement this year because we feel that’s the best way to reward our elite members who truly go above and beyond in their loyalty to American.

You can find more information about Elite Rewards and see a list of all the reward choices for each elite status level at AA.com/EliteRewards. To participate in Elite Rewards, be sure to register at AA.com/offers using promotion code ELTAA prior to December 15, 2011.

And also be sure that you’re signed up to receive the AAdvantage eSummary e-mail (click on the My Account tab of your AAdvantage account) so you can be notified when it’s time to choose your reward.

Again, thank you for all the time you spend on the road traveling with us. We hope that our 2011 Elite Rewards will make your loyalty even more rewarding.

Maya Leibman
    President – AAdvantage Loyalty Program

ceieoc, zpaul, DeltaExpert and 6 others like this.
  2. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    love the option to gift gold status... will be helpful for my wife...

zpaul and sobore like this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should update your links, they're going to an outlook login client right now.

Sagy and SC Flier like this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I fixed them, not pretty but they should work now. :)

zpaul, Sagy, SC Flier and 1 other person like this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Good to see this! Not something I can take advantage of since I think I'll just sneak into renewing my EXP on EQM this year. EQP would be a bit too much for me. I'm sure many individuals who purchase premium fares on a regular basis will enjoy this.

zpaul, sobore and JohnDeere19 like this.
  6. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there might be a mistake dear Maya ... In your statement the Elite Rewards 2011 says: (1) elite status on Dec. 31, 2011, and (2) 2011 elite-qualifying points earned as of Dec. 31, 2011 ... Wasn't supposed to be DEC.31 2010???

Thank you

zpaul and JohnDeere19 like this.
  7. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, the way I understand this is that if I'm a EXP member and I get <125000 EQP, then I get nothing, yet a gold with 40k EQP gets something...seems a little odd...

8. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks fine to me...I believe this will be calculated at the end of the year.

EDIT:

Q. How long do I have to complete the selection process?

A. The selection process will be available from January 20, 2012 through March 15, 2012, giving you approximately six (6) weeks to make your selection.

zpaul likes this.
  9. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Maya... What about those loyal clients that surpass the 150k milestone in points??

Could they choose 3 of those?? It would be just!!! Me for example will be at the end of the year with about 165K points!!! I'm going to feel that my "Thank you" from American could be more generous!!!

Thank you anyway!!!

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They have to set a limit somewhere, otherwise this promo would have so many tiers it would be almost incomprehensible.

What about 200K EQP? 250EQP? etc....

I think the promo is fair and reasonable. It's better than nothing, eh? ;)

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Since I'm sure it will pop up as a question eventually......

Q. I am an AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member and earned 130,000 elite-qualifying points in 2011. Can I select two of the same reward, i.e. (2) 35,000 bonus mile rewards or (2) Two Systemwide Upgrade packages?

A. Yes. As an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member, you are entitled to select a maximum of two rewards. This can be a combination of two different rewards or you may select two of the same reward, except the One-Year Admirals Club Membership. The Admirals Club Membership is valid only for the qualifying member and may not be transferred to another customer, nor can a second membership be claimed to extend your membership beyond a maximum of one year.

zpaul likes this.
  12. KtownTraveler
    Original Member

KtownTraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, this is not quite right is it. In some sense we're inadvertently being encouraged to drop status. I wonder if AA management really thought this through completely...

13. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    David,

I don't think that need to be anything fancy, but a plus something, otherwise those above and beyond will have "less" interesting of preserving its loyalty to AA, since it's the same for everyone, and once they reached 125K points it's the end. For Example: I still 4 more international flights this year. My next is from GIG to ANC in F. With this trip I'll be with 127K points. What about the other 3??? Perhaps I should do with United or Delta then, since I can't get anything else from AA. I know AA have its limitations and so do we as FFs, if we can get more by changing Airlines to help maximize our budget, I think it's an honest move, since you can't expect anything else from your primary airline! Don't you agree?

14. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Nope, because I've never seen the benefit of multiple statuses unless one is flying on both airlines to an extensive level. Once I earn status I tend to stick with my airline because I want to enjoy the perks of that status level. I haven't been tempted to fly on UA (and I could, I'm ORD based so UA and *A has a lot of interesting options and fares for me) because at the end of the day I'd just be trying to earn and maintain status on a 2nd airline that I wouldn't fly that often.

If you're reguarly flying on UA and DL to begin with, sure it makes sense. But to pick up flying on a carrier just for the heck of it? No thanks, not for me.

I don't think I'm even slightly tempted to give up my EXP status for a year just to earn any of those PLT rewards.

15. KtownTraveler
    Original Member

KtownTraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems you only need to give it up for a day (on Dec. 31, 2011). :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  16. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Walk me through this....

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  17. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    David is the gogo boy for American ... LOL!!! ;)

18. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I doubt that, I just fly them, enjoy their product and services. ;)

If you wanted to know my favorite airline though, it wouldn't be AA. :eek:

19. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

Status Points:
    So still no benefit for EXP's above 125K. No benefit for segment/mile qualifiers. No consolation benefit for the the EXP who earns 75K or for the PLT who earns 40K.

So it's not as generous as it could be, but it's a nice extra for those who do qualify, and it's better than nothing.

You should go check out what the DL fliers are complaining about today, then count your lucky stars you're loyal to AA instead.

zpaul, basiface and Eloy Fonseca Neto like this.
  20. Bradley
    Original Member

Bradley Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad it is based only on EQP and not EQM... There goes my motivation to do some extra mileage runs! lol

And to all you who think it's not fair that Gold members are getting something at 40k while I get nothing... I'd much rather keep EXP than be close to PLAT or EXP and not getting it! lol

DestinationDavid likes this.
  21. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So much for our loyalty!!! :eek:

22. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not necessarily....
    A Gold who gets to 40k EQP has achieved their normal status plus more than halfway (60%) to next status level....before he/she gets an Elite reward
    A Plat who gets to 75k EQP has achieved their normal status plus halfway (50%) to next status level...before he/she gets an Elite reward
    An Exec Plat who gets to 125k EQP has achieved their normal status...plus only 25% extra...to qualify for an Elite reward

I think they thought this through pretty well....An Exec has to do the least extra amount (in percentage of normal status flying) as compared to Gold or Plat ...in order to get an Elite reward...

That being said....it would have been nicer had it been EQM....as well ;)

23. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Looks pretty good, but EQPs? That was a little unnecessary... :rolleyes

techgirl likes this.
  24. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    This seems to be for those who spend the most $$$. Am I less loyal because I buy the cheapest ticket? I'm no businessman I fly 50k miles a year on my own dime, where's my bonus?

DCtrAAveler likes this.
  25. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe there should be a bonus based on hardship. :)

Paying your own way for 50K in Y is much harder than having a company pay for 100K in international F.

zpaul, Tenmoc and basiface like this.