Elite Qualifying Points

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by WilliamQ, Jul 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are ALL bonus points packages Elite Qualifying or are the "hotel" specific ones non elite qualifying?

In the example below, the first 2 packages looks like it is a true IHG (corporate) promo while the last (10,000 Pts Reward Package) looks like it is a Hotel Specific Deal.

Am I overly naive to hope that the 10,000 points deal is also elite qualifying?

upload_2014-7-7_10-37-11.png

10,000 Points Reward Package description
    upload_2014-7-7_10-42-29.png

5,000 Bonus Points package description
    upload_2014-7-7_10-42-39.png

IHG Terms & Conditions
    upload_2014-7-7_10-44-15.png

ffitalia likes this.
  2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    from my understanding, the bonus points, though it may be hotel-specific, should still be elite qualifying. you may want to do a quick check with IHGCare just to be sure.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it depends how the points are applied to your account. I've had bonus points post as part of the stay and be E Qualifying and other times I was given a certificate at the front desk for the bonus points which you deposit yourself and those posted as Non EQ.

WilliamQ likes this.
  4. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a chat about this with their online customer service support before making about 8 bonus points package bookings. They assured me the points would count as elite qualifying points.

WilliamQ likes this.
  5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not the 1,000 or 5,000 Bonus Points package I am worried about. It is the 10,000 rewards points package that was not found under the Bonus Points package. These rewards points packages are usually found together with the other miscellaneous packages such as park and go, breakfast, 50 reasons to stay.. etc :)

6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.. Unlike the official Bonus Points packages, these seems like at the discretion of the hotel. Even the packages are described differently and the T&C seems to be only covering Bonus Points packages.. The official ones.

7. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think if you really want to be sure, do a print screen and email IHGCare, so you at least have the reply on paper in case of any subsequent dispute;)

8. BBxCoreB

BBxCoreB New Member

Status Points:
    I previously booked my room on a 5k points package and it is elite qualifying (was able to expense it away)
    It is generally more pricey then your usual advance purchase rate however considering it is elite qualifying, may be well worth the difference.