Elite Night Credit on Your Birthday

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by LAXjunkie415, Oct 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAXjunkie415

LAXjunkie415 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, today is my birthday and I was surprised to receive in my inbox an email from Marriott Rewards with a present for a free elite night credit. Super nice and I am highly appreciative :)

Happy Birthday From Marriott Rewards

Surprise! To celebrate your birthday, we’re giving you an Elite night credit, putting you one step closer to upgrading or maintaining your membership status.

Confirm your name and Marriott Rewards account number, and we’ll apply a night credit to your total nights.

2. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you already have status with Marriott? I am a silver (have been for three years) and don't remember getting anything similar on my birthday.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    happy birthday

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they just started doing this last year and I missed out on it because m birthdate was not on file. It is now. Turns out October is my birth month (contact me for address to send my presents) so I'm waiting to see if Marriott gives me the opportunity for the free night this year.

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to 'remind' them that it was my birthday so they credited me 1 elite night :(

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. ConsultingChris

Status Points:
    What did you have to do in order to get your birthday on file? I checked my rewards profile and do not see anything birthday fields.

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't recall that I did anything to get birthdate on file, but I did receive my elite night gift this year. Was surprised to receive it, but will still fall about 10 nights short of re-qualifying for gold this year.

marcwint55 likes this.
  8. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happy Birthday

9. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last year Marriott said on their forum that if your birthday doesn't show in your profile that's because it's already on file. It's not shown to you because it's not something you can change. BUT....

They also said there was a glitch in their system and some people who did not have a birthday on file were not being given the opportunity to add it. They suggested calling them to be sure it's there and/or to add it if you don't think you ever gave the info to them.

ConsultingChris likes this.
  10. ConsultingChris

Status Points:
    Thank you for the hint. My birthday is past, so I will check the next time I make a reservation or check in at a hotel.