Elite Check-in line at ORD?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by cheryld, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, this will be my first flight tomorrow morning as Gold and am traveling with my family. I want to make sure I understand how to proceed. Can I enter the first-class check in line with my Priority AAccess boarding pass, bring my family with me(DH, DD and DS) and say 'they are with me'? Are there 2 of these lines, one between L &K and one between G &H? I really hope they can go through security with me - otherwise we all go together in the regular lines, which hopefully won't be too bad.

Has anything changed due to the new boarding rules? I'm fine boarding with Group 1.

Thanks!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Howdy CherylD!

Just to be clear, are you asking about the security line, or the check in? Your post says check in but it sounds like you're talking about the security line since you imply that you'll have printed your boarding passes at home.....

If you're talking about check in, then you're entitled to use the business class desks. AA's elite and premium check in areas are to the left when you enter Terminal 3. You can bring your family with you.

If you're talking about elite security lines, there are 3 potential areas you can use - the two main ones between the international and the domestic economy check in areas, and then there is also one to the left of the first class/business/elite check in. I believe the last one is for first class/elite/Priority AAccess only (l could be wrong, I just hop in the shortest line I can see, hopefully if someone has experience they can share!). Bringing your family with you shouldn't be a problem if you put your boarding pass on top of the rest, but YMMV.

For boarding, according to the new process, you will be listed Priority AAccess and will be called with Group 1.

Gargoyle and CherylD like this.
  3. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi DestinationDavid, yes, sorry for the confusion - I do mean the security lines. So there are 2 lines we can use? Is it obvious - is there a sign that says....? Thanks again - should have posted this earlier - too busy planning everything else.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    For each security line there should be a general entrance (where everyone is headed) and then off to the side of that area should be someone standing around near a roped off area near a sign that says PriorityAAcess (I think. Honestly I just know where the areas are, I haven't looked at the signage/set up in years....:confused:). Show them your boarding pass and they will open the rope or move out of the way for you to enter.

My mother-in-law is flying out of ORD tomorrow as well, hope it's a good travel day for all. :)

Wurm, CherylD and Gargoyle like this.
  5. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks again - worked like a charm. Was fantastic to go through PriorityAAccess security line and board early. Family was very happy. :)

Wurm likes this.
  6. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those who, like me, opt-out of the nudie/radiation machines, I've found that the TSA staff at the ORD premium checkpoint conducts the hand searches quickly and with minimal hassle (YMMV, of course).