Elite bonus on NH metals from April 1

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JALPak, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    ANA issued a press release (in Japanese): http://www.ana.co.jp/pr/11-0103/11-ana-ua-co0209.html

Effective from April 1, for routes covered by JBV, accumulation rates on NH metals will be the same as if they were UA metals. :) And you can earn the same elite bonus on ANY NH operated flights (Yes, including those not covered by JBV)

lv2trvl, Sean, mht_flyer and 3 others like this.
  2. This is excellent news!

3. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent! I'm trying to work a business trip in May that will likely involve NH metal.

4. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shouldn't you have expected this coming with the new JBV :p I guess sometimes you just have no choice. C'est la vie!

But to make up for that, I will like your post :p

5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Turns out you can get elite bonus on ANY NH flights, not just the ones covered by JBV. But for the same accumulation rate, flights have to be covered by JBV.

6. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Alliance is getting it's act together!

7. dts
    Original Member

dts Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far there has been nothing official on UA's side, right? And we still don't know anything about earning rates on discount economy.

8. Oh, absolutely awesome. I've generally stayed on UA metal for TPAC flights due to the 70% EQM on most fares, but 100% EQM + 100% RDM bonus makes my Pacific options much more flexible.

Another great thing is that NH's Premium Economy section books into E(?), has fairly reasonable fares for TPAC PE, and is *A upgradeable to business.

9. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could not get a full translation of the page via Google translate, can someone please provide us with an accurate translation? Thanks.

10. I hope this will apply for CO as well.

11. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The reward programs of UA and CO have not merged so I would think it unlikely this will apply to CO as well as it is an ATI between NH and UA not CO.

Strange they have not released anything in English about this though.