Elite Benefits For Multiple Rooms?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by theBOAT, Dec 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I've got a stay upcoming at the HR SFO, and I was curious what to expect at check-in. Search was not very helpful... I've booked three rooms all under my name - will each room receive Club access & my Diamond elite benefits (like internet & breakfast)? I'm under the impression from other threads that I'll be able to receive the points for all three without issue. Thx for the help!

theBOAT

Sent from my iPad using milepoint app

Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    In theory you should only expect to receive elite benefits for the room in which the elite member stays. But if you ask nicely, they might extend some things like the free internet or free breakfast, or you might be able to guest in a certain number of guests to the Regency Club under your name.

You will be able to receive points for all three rooms, but only stay and night credit for the one you stay in.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've found that most hotels will give you the benefits for all rooms as long as you don't have too many people in each room.

4. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that a definite? I was planning on a Diamond challenge in the Spring. I was counting on one of the stays where I will have two rooms for three nights. Are the extra three nights not going to count toward my challenge?

Kalboz likes this.
  5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope. Extra rooms won't count. Only SPG does that.

Kalboz and Scottrick like this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    And actually, I have been talking to Platinum Concierge about Platinum Challenges with SPG. For the Platinum Challenge, only paid rooms (no points or cash + points) and only the one room you stayed in.

I was a bit disappointed, since outside the challenge you can get stay/night credit for up to three rooms for requalifying each year. It would have been nice to get the 18 nights needed by renting out 3 cheap rooms for 6 nights straight.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  7. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for clarifying/sharing on this policy in regards to SPG challenges. I was just saying that only SPG allows elite credit for multiple rooms generally, but I didn't know about the impact of that policy on challenges. It sort of makes sense to not allow it since it diminishes the actual challenge difficulty, but it would be nice to see that limitation officially documented.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience is that I received GP points but not extra nights credit, but I've never done it for more than three rooms. Extension of Diamond benefits is going to a hotel decision. I certainly wouldn't expect it.

If you want to insure that you receive points credit for all the rooms, you can transfer all the charges to your room at checkout, effectively creating a master bill.

Kalboz likes this.
  9. daboogah

daboogah Silver Member

Status Points:
    just stayed in the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo and had two rooms under my name and they gave both rooms only free internet as a Platinum.. oh well.

Kalboz likes this.
  10. brfong

brfong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked out of the HR SFO on Friday. Had two rooms booked as Diamond and received all Diamond benefits (RC access, Internet and late checkout) for all in my party.

Kalboz and theBOAT like this.
  11. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    To report back, the HR SFO did indeed give me 3 rooms on the Club floor, all with RC access, internet, and late checkout (that I didn't need, but it was a nice gesture).

Very nice staff at the property - I'll return again, even though I'll drop to Platinum next year.

theBOAT

rharrigill and Kalboz like this.