Elite and Beyond

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by benolaa, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    National currently has a 4 tier system. Emerald, Executive, Executive Elite and VIP.

I am Executive and have really enjoy the car flexibility. Anyone VIP and how does it compare to Avis Chairman or Hertz Platinum?

2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I believe that National's VIP is by invitation only and not achievable by any set criteria.

I'm not really aware of the benefits but have seen locations have "special" cars parked in the "VIP" area. Also, at the end of my last trip (at my home airport) I noticed a guy standing at the arrivals greeting area (along with the limo drivers) holding a sign that said National Emerald VIP with a name on it. So I'm guessing that there is a special meet & greet as well (and perhaps a drop off).

benolaa and 2soonold like this.
  3. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an executive when I am running late I have always been able to get a drop off. A pickup would be nice if I could get to VIP but, I have been told there are only 500 in the system.

4. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    I would assume this is similiar to AA's Concierge/UA's Global Services in that is for high revenue customers or those responsible for their employees all choosing National as their vendor.

5. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    We had two of them at our old company (CEO and President). We also did something ridiculous like 7,500-10,000 rental days a month with National.

6. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only 500? According to a related thread on Hertz Platinum, you can buy Hertz Platinum for ~$1200-1500 per year. Seems like the potential for a LOT more than 500 Hertz Platinum members, so it's odd National would limit it to so few.

Hertz Platinum bennies look pretty nice, too. Can National touch them?

7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Current 5-Star at Hertz, my company just gave me Emerald Executive level membership through Feb 2013.

How does this rate to Hertz on this level?

Hertz has been frustrating using this year, hardly any "free upgrades" whenever I'm renting it seems, want to use National on my next Corp rental.

If I rent mid size, what to expect? Decent upgrades?

Thanks!

8. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an Executive, you can book a fullsize for the same price as a midsize. Booking a fullsize (don't worry; your receipt will show "Class Charged: Intermediate," if it makes any difference for your work) means you will not only have access to the choose-your-own-car fullsize aisle, you'll also have access to the Emerald Selection, which has mostly fullsizes but also the occasional premium car and SUV, and the regular Emerald Aisle, which has mostly midsize cars but the occasional fullsize. (The Emerald Aisle is for regular non-Executive EC members.)

Because of the Executive Selection, I have a 100% upgrade ratio with National. :)

The Boat, techgirl, 2soonold and 2 others like this.