Eligible for Medallion benefits immediately after meeting the MQMs?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by mrsnarbonne, Mar 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mrsnarbonne

mrsnarbonne Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi - this is probably a basic question, but does one immediately get the benefits of Medallion status after meeting the MQMs? For example, if I have 50,000 MQMs by July 1 of this year, do I then have Gold status for the the remainder of 2012 and enjoy Gold benefits on flights during the latter half of 2012, or do I have to wait until 2013 to enjoy the benefits? Thanks.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    mrsnarbonne,

Welcome to MP! Your status would show up shortly after meeting the MQM threshold. If you earn 50kMQM on July 1, you would have GM status (and benefits) through February 28, 2014.

:)

jrp2 likes this.
  3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!!

jrp2 and rwoman like this.
  4. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint!

rwoman likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Allow a day or two for MQMs from DL flights to post to your account and an additional day to a week (DL had been updating the system on weekends for status increases, but now it seems to be more frequent) for your account to show the new status. It has been announced that you no longer need to call DL to have your FF number removed and reapplied to existing itineraries to have the new status recognized, but YMMV and it wouldn't hurt generally to do this, although it probably would reset the time stamp for your upgrade request. Allow a few months to get your new card, which facilitates overseas lounge access.

If you are getting gifted status or especially status through a promotion, it could take much longer.

rwoman and USAF_Pride like this.
  6. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome mrsnarbonne.

Also make sure that you watch this thread: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/skymiles-massive-upcoming-change.31588/ dealing with rumors of pending SkyMiles program devaluation. Right now, we are squarely in the rumor phase, but if something less-than-positive happens, you may wish to know so you can advocate with Delta to protect your newly earned status.

7. mrsnarbonne

mrsnarbonne Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and helpful replies. I'd combed through the Delta site but did not find any written statement of what you all have confirmed here. I'm hoping Delta doesn't devalue its program, but given where I live and my current flying needs/preferences, Delta is my best option, at least until EVA officially joins SA.