Elephant Jumps

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Britinva, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Britinva
    Original Member

Britinva Active Member

Status Points:
    If you are looking to experience a delicious Thai restaurant with an authentic taste then you should consider visiting Elephant Jumps in Falls Church. This quaint little restaurant in the Merrifield area of Falls Church is a relatively new addition to the neighborhood but seems to have made a strong impact on the community. It is well worth the 20 - 25 minute drive from the city to visit!

The restaurant is run by a Thai family who pride themselves on good quality yet reasonable price food. I have been many times now and enjoy trying different dishes each time I go. It's received some good reviews online and I hope that it continues to do well. Here's a link to their website: http://www.elephantjumps.com/

Gargoyle, joanek, gleff and 1 other person like this.
  2. jean9nine
    Original Member

jean9nine Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been here twice thanks to a tip from View from the Wing. Really enjoy that--unlike most Thai places in the area--they are willing to put some real heat in the food if you ask for it. I'm a fan of the papaya salad and the green curry, and thought it was better at dinner than at lunch.

gleff likes this.
  3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read Gary's blog but haven't made it over to visit - it is definitely on my must visit list. Thanks for the recommendation

gleff likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I went back today for lunch...

5. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    So how is the papaya salad (fried and regular) and pad thai?

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Fried papaya salad is really excellent, can be made spicy to taste (and do note that spicy here DOES mean spicy!). I haven't had the pad thai believe it or not.

[​IMG]

Freddie Listo and joanek like this.
  7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
  8. Sounds like a good place for my next trip to the DC area - thanks! (Although I have to admit, when I saw the thread title from a couple pages out, I first thought of the upcoming zip line ride at Gatorland. :eek: )

gleff-- that photo looks good -- I may need to head out for an early lunch today!

9. joanek
    Original Member

joanek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fried papaya salad!!??!! Love the idea. Must give it a try soon--thanks for the heads up.

10. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    This place has gotten much better. Order from the double sided laminated page of 'authentic' items rather than the main menu, or from the specials board. Don't wait, just do it.

11. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    We were there over the Christmas holiday - and agree completely.

gleff likes this.