Elements Miami - Not opening as planned - no notice from hotel!

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by estnet, Feb 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    :mad: This hotel is tarnishing the brand before they even open:(
    Opening date has been pushed back a few times, and now says they are opening on the 9th res taken for March 1 but it isn't true!
    Hotel HAS NOT been contacting people with reservations and some have arrived (original opening date was mid Jan) to find out hotel is not open. If you have a reservation here do NOT trust the website, call and have someone verify with the hotel what is going on or you may just be stuck!

flyingdawg and tondoleo like this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for pointing this out. I just checked the website and it shows a February 9th opening. Perhaps our own SPG Champion William can help clarify matters.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's not acceptable!

tondoleo likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    After being assured my mid Feb res. was fine (in Jan by copy of email from hotel to my spg angel and also late Jan) I was told on further checking that a ?memo/or email was sent out by the hotel internally that hotel would not be opening as now scheduled (already delayed) and it wasn't clear when it would open. Stated that guest already reserved would be accommodated at 3 hotels (none of which I considered comparable) and that hotel would be in touch. I have not been notified, nor have others (who arrived thinking they had reservations).
    If you don't want to believe me and want to believe the website - fine BUT for those who do have reservations I STRONGLY suggest you really check it out! Happy for William's input, but I think this is an important heads up for those who were planning to stay here this month and next!
    BTW - b/c I was proactive and spent hours on the phone SPG really came through for me, but I know that a lot of other people may just believe what they see on the web.

flyingdawg and tondoleo like this.
  5. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe you estnet. My suggestion is that William may be able to tell us when the hotel will actually open. I feel for you and your frustration. Be well.

flyingdawg likes this.