Element Miami Airport (review)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Mapsmith, Jan 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, first hotel review for me. Be gentle.

We booked a room at the Element Miami Airport since we were arriving late (originally scheduled to arrive MIA at 12:30 AM. Due to grace, AA changed our flight to the 767 from DFW to MIA that arrived at 10:30PM so we got in two hours earlier.

Called the Hotel to inquire about the shuttle. Told it runs on the hour and half hour most of the day, but late it is only on the hour. Okay, we head out to look for the shuttle at 10:50PM. After about 20 minutes and seeing every other hotel shuttle for all of South Florida go by, I called again. Told they would radio the driver. He then arrived about 11:35PM. Not quite an hour waiting. Be forewarned if arriving at night that the logo on the shuttle is hard to see in reduced light. (Please fix this Element)

Short trip to the hotel. Just on the other side of the new TriRail/Bus/Metro station. If they ever get the station finished, the Element will be walking distance to the TriRail opening up a lot of possibilities including taking the TriRail from FLL too!

Hotel lobby is nice. Lots of Green (LEED Certified) Desk staff was competent even though they were having Computer Problems (Starwood had loaded new software that was supposed to take effect at midnight but was interfering with various checkins)

They did not have our preferred Double Queen Room available because the hotel was almost complete booked. They found a King Studio, which worked because it was me and wife. But if it were co workers, one would have had to sleep on the sofa.
    Room was good. Problem is that my wife needs IceWater for medication. The only Ice is available from Room Service, which at midnight is either a custodian or a desk operator, so the ice took until 1 to arrive.

Good night's sleep though. Element does provide earplugs since they are somewhat under the flight path. But we never heard anything.
    Good breakfast in the morning included.
    Egg Muffin Sandwiches, Spinach wraps, Juice, etc.

Overall impression!! This is a 3 to 4 Star Hotel. I would stay again readily. Location is convenient. Hotel was clean and shiny. There were problems but they were all minor.

pointshogger, MX and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your review, wouldn't mind to read more of them in the future. Cheers and safe travels. :)

Mapsmith likes this.
  3. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also recently stayed at this hotel, but on points. The hotel itself was decent. Free breakfast is always appreciated (the food was decent enough, continental style), as well as the airport shuttle. I also liked the location because it is next to the transit system that takes us downtown.

It is a very good hotel to stay at with proximity to the airport.

Nothing earth-shattering about my stay, but I enjoyed it well enough that I would stay again.

uggboy and Mapsmith like this.
  4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine was on points as well. Good deal at 7000 considering that the regular rack rate runs about $189. Will stay again. It was my first experience with Element and I was favorably impressed.

pointshogger and uggboy like this.