Element DFW [Master Thread]

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Leumas, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Leumas
    Original Member

Leumas Silver Member

Status Points:
    My original schedule allowed me to arrive at around 11pm, but delays meant it was closer to 1am. Before I hopped on the plane, I rang them just to advise my even later arrival so they wouldn't give away my room. They told me mine it's a pre-paid rate, so not to worry - I'd so many bookings, I couldn't remember what was what anyway.

I didn't find out whether there was a free shuttle, so after arriving at DFW, I hopped on a cab to take me there. It was after midnight, and the temperature was still 90+F...! Thankfully, my bag was the second to come out and there wasn't a long wait. As I've never taken a cab at DFW, there's a minimum charge of $25 (or something) to airport hotels. Going to the hotel, it actually costed around that anyway, once you added in tips.

The hotel was bright, basic but contemporary - as the name 'Element' implies. Front desk was empty when I arrived, but I couldn't check myself in on the machine as it doesn't work during the night - just as well someone appeared...

Element hotels are all all-suite, self-contained hotels. I booked the cheapest rate, which at the time was a 2-bed unit, but I was upgraded to a 1-king unit. After settling in, it's nearly 2am... Woke up at about 5am and decided to take a look around the property. There's a pool and a gym, not much of a bar, but there's self-service coin-operated laundry.

Breakfast has lots of hot food, but a lot of prepared sandwiches with greasy Mexican food inside. But don't get too excited, the hot food serves to not make you hungry, it's not overly nice... The hotel is also next to a small mall, so you can pop over to them for any other needs.

Now that there's light outside, I could also see a free shuttle to DFW. I was actually in a mattress and mileage run, so I asked the shuttle to take me to my next DFW hotel. They happily complied.

For a rate of a little over $100 including breakfast and the ability to do your own laundry (which was a big plus to me), it was a good stay, and I'd most definitely go back if I'd the chance. You can say this is my most preferred Starwood property around DFW. If you're a family, I'd most definitely stay here.

Pro
    - Good rates
    - Front desk staff was great, especially Brett and Kiki.
    - Good clean design
    - Self-service laundry

Con
    - Not much to be honest

singtx likes this.
  2. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    The location will get better with time as the area is still building up. The parking package and rates cant be beat. We used this package on a trip to Argentina. The shuttle service is great and they pick up fast when called. We noted dirty coffee cups and they picked them all up and replaced them with newly washed ones...impressive. If we need the parking package again...even if we didnt, were staying here again.