EK planning DXB-EZE nonstop?

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by jbcarioca, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last night while flying EZE-GIG on nEK the purser told me they were planning to begin nonstop EZE service sometime in the middle of the year because the loads have been about 85% during the first month. I wonder, since there were several hundred people who flew GIG-EZE with me. I was the only one in F GIG_EZE but there were three of us EZE-GIG. C and Y were full both legs.

I the purser correct? MY impression si that it is a good route for EK but only because they have 5th freedom GIG-EZE.

Does anybody have better information?

OY-JFS likes this.
  2. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have any clue about how many of the pax were regional (flying just the EZE-GIG-EZE legs)?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is the perplexing part. Obviously it was hard to guess how many were GIG-bound on the return. On the outbound it was said by one of the gate agents that there were 190 people boarding from GIG. If that is indicative it seem they'd want to keep the flight just as it is, and be the preferred option GIG-EZE for those who can accept the hours.

OY-JFS likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...... if they do this direct to EZE, will this change the GRU schedule...?

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    It definitely will not change GRU if it happens since GRU is a medium-term planned upguage to an A380. The question is whether it would change GIG. I rather like EK GIG-EZE.

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    my bad... I meant to say GIG, not GRU......

jbcarioca likes this.