EK First availability...

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by merice107, Sep 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for first class from Dubai to anywhere in North America in June 2014 on an a380 (so bsically to LAX because the JFK route is being changed to a 777).

I settled on the fact that I would need to try to book this as it got closer. But then I read over on the other forum that people are booking for the spring of 14 already. I know it is easier to book from North America than it is to North America, but still, I am not seeing anything on Alaska's site or on Expert Flyer. Am I just not looking correctly or am I missing something?

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    EK tends to only release seats at saver award level a few weeks before departure.

3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's why I thought. But that FT thread threw me for a loop. I wasn't sure if I was missing something...

4. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ex USA will always be a better option. I never find ex DXB even booking a few days in advance. lax-dxb has very good avilability since the A380 went on it. Ive already booked 3 for next year. 2 initial bookings (Feb and May 2014) and 1 date change (moved Feb to Jan). Now doing a dummy search on AS website theres a lot of space LAX-DXB in May, almost every day I checked has J and a good number have F. June is another story. Only 6/2 - 6/4 have J and only 6/3 has F.

merice107 likes this.
  5. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, but who wants to be in Dubai in June? :)

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The JFK 1-stop via Milan will be a 77W, but there's still EK202 and EK204 which I think will remain A380s.

And YYZ has an A380 3x weekly.

7. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can never seem to get Alaska's website to show me availability online... But I also haven't tried THAT hard...