Either EF Was Wrong Or I Found Magical EXP Inventory

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Pizzaman, Oct 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've had an award reservation on hold for a few days while I was stalking two more award seats on the same flight. Z inventory had been showing 1 seat for the first leg and zero for the second leg. I needed two for both.

I called EXP desk and asked if they could check for extra EXP inventory or if rev mgmt would allow them to complete an itinerary for me to match the one seat I could see on the first leg. She told me they weren't allowed to do that anymore (I think they can but have heard varying reports from agents).

And, a minute later she rattled off a record locator with 2 seats on the flights I wanted from saver inventory. EF then showed 0 and 0 instead of 1 and 0.

Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it's been a while since I've had that happen. :)

uggboy, wrxmom, legalalien and 9 others like this.
  2. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could this have come from expanded EXP inventory? They still offer that right? They just won't reach out to revenue management anymore?

3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Haven't been able to get a clearer answer on that, but I'll pursue. My best guess is that's what I got.