EIAA Hosted Event at YEG January 29, 2014

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YEGman, Jan 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    As this appears to be the most-visited forum and given the relatively short time frame, I would advise that all are welcome but we need a count to assist the EIAA (Edmonton International Airport Authority) for planning purposes.

More details will be posted by me editing this post but I would advise that Brad Ferguson of the EEDC (Edmonton Economic Development Authority) is a tentative "yes". Graham Hicks of The Edmonton Sun is a "yes" and a limited capacity CZEG tour is one of the events. We hope to invite airline respresentatives (including AC) to attend.

Suggestions as to activities are welcome and if you wish to attend either post here or on the other old site.

2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have times? Daytime? Evening?

3. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It will be an after-work event in the evening although tours like CZEG will probably be late afternoon

mevlannen and YULtide like this.
  4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    That being the case, count me as interested.

5. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm arriving into YEG at 19:30 and if the event is still going on would love to participate.

YULtide likes this.
  6. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It will still be going on although the tours will probably be finished. I am still awaiting word as to the final agenda from the EIAA. I'll add your name.

mevlannen and YULtide like this.
  7. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great.

YULtide likes this.
  8. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apologies for coming late to the party, but could someone please pencil me in for this one? Right now, I'm booked to come through YEG on the 30th, and I might be able to swing an arrival and stay-over on the 29th.

YULtide likes this.
  9. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have put you down as confirmed but unfortunately the CZEG tour had only limited capacity and it is full for the time being.

I am liasing with the EIAA later this morning and will know about what other activities are in store very shortly.

I would indicate that it looks like this will be one of the larger YEG events in the past few years with 21 confirmed attendees as well as another 8 'maybes' and not counting people from EIAA and EIA.

YULtide and mevlannen like this.
  10. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, eh? I'm a very strong "maybe" on this one: I'll know better by next week, as my schedule is not entirely mine alone to set.

YULtide and YEGman like this.
  11. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a heads up that the number of people has been capped at 40 with 32 saying "yes" already!

YULtide likes this.
  12. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    A further minor update is that EIAA will provide free parking vouchers for all attendees who park that evening!

YULtide likes this.
  13. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    One update: Parking vouchers will be given out to all attendees who park at the airport that evening for the event!

YULtide likes this.
  14. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, subject to some last minute fine tuning regarding the start time, the proposed agenda is more or less complete and will also include a light dinner provided by the EIAA and for those who want and are not on the CZEG tour a baggage room tour.

Once the start time is finalized I will post the agenda.

YULtide likes this.
  15. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a bit pressed for time as I just got back from a business trip YEG-YUL YYZ-YEG last night and have to go YEG-PSP on Saturday returning on the date of the Get-Together but the Agenda is roughly as follows (you can go to FT for more detail, sorry).

Everyone needs to bring official picture ID and for CZEG please bring your Passport (we are checking on Nexus/Global Entry)

17:30 Welcome
    17:40 Lynn Wyton talks about passenger market development
    17:50 Steve Maybee talks about winter operations (e.g., tarmac clearing, de-icing)
    18:00 Burl Hamm talks about emergency infrastructure (e.g., automatic external defibrillators)
    18:10 Nick Jensen talks about baggage delivery
    18:20 Brett Bain talks about parking and ground transportation infrastructure
    18:30 Myron Keehn talks about commercial development/new outlet mall
    18:40 Q & A over a catered light meal courtesy of EIAA
    19:10ish Tours of CZEG and baggage system with CZEG only for those who are registered (sadly there is a waiting list)

For those not on tours and thereafter there will be a no-host get together at the Jasper Bar & Grill for beverages, snacks/meals and general bs!

BTW, for those driving they will be given parking passes courtesy of EIAA.

YULtide likes this.
  16. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond the control of EIAA the CZEG tour has been cancelled/postponed and a tour of YEG Air Traffic Control is being offered to those who signed up for the CZEG tour. A discussion of a possible future CZEG tour will be part of the agenda.

If people wish to submit written questions they may do so to Ben Freeland directly at BFreeland@edmontonairports.com and they will try to answer them at the event.

The event will be held on the level above Departures and can be accessed by the stairs/escalators by the Harvey's at Domestic Departures Screening. Please bring Photo ID.

YULtide likes this.
  17. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Inbound flight delayed slightly - looks like I'll be there around 8:00. I presume I should head straight to Jasper's.

18. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, YEGman, for organizing this. A great evening.

19. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    Couldn't make it that night, but hopefully I'll be able to make future events. Looks like it would have been interesting!

YULtide likes this.
  20. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to thank those from MP who attended the event as it made quite an impression on the EIAA folks that the attendees were not - to quote one of the attendees who has been on these boards for years with whom I visited while the tours were taking place - "a bunch of teenage boys posting from their basements." Indeed, when I asked for a show of hands for how many of the approximately 30 attendees were SE or its equivalent about 8-9 hands went up.

I am certain there will be future events with the EIAA including a CZEG tour. The CZEG tour will be during the daytime on a weekend day as evenings I am told are just too busy.

YULtide likes this.
  21. BlondeBomber
    Original Member

BlondeBomber Silver Member

Status Points:
    and even some (one?) million miler:) (with one program--I'm sure some have flown over a million miles either as employees of an airline or on multiple airlines)

YULtide likes this.
  22. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I enjoyed the event and baggage tour and thanks to OP for making it happen.