EgyptAir

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by cotter77, Apr 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    anyone have experience with egyptair?
    working on my award flights and an F option from BKK-Cairo-JFK came up?
    any good you think?

2. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew last December JED-CAI-LUX-CAI-JED. The JED-CAI return in business, the domestic (subsidiary) in economy. Overall a good flight experience. Some issues in CAI when my CAI-LUX flight was slowly going offline, but some persistence and "commuting" between the ticketing desk and check in solved it and got me on a confirmed flight, but it shouldn't have been that difficult. LUX-CAI flights were delayed by sand storms and the supervisor at LUX did a great job and I was on the second flight out. International flights were on time.

These were short flights. When Egyptair flew out of SYD they used to hand out small brown bags with alcohol before boarding as it wasn't serve in flight. As we flew in and out of JED, alcohol wasn't an option anyway (or on any flights there).

I felt there was some recognition of *A Gold status. Lounge access in CAI, a voucher for a drink in LUX. I was originally booked in F on JED-CAI but plane changes saw this downgraded to J...which reminds me...I haven't seen my refund yet!

Most flights require being taken by bus to remote parking for plane.

3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reminds me - on my honeymoon in 1970 (Europe on $5 a Day - really!), we booked student tickets and were not given the actual tickets until the day before. Flew over on the late Laker Airways. When we got to Rome and went to the student office, we were told all but one airline was striking. They would put us on a train from Rome to Basel, Switzerland and then a flight to London to catch the return flight home. The only operating airline was Saudi Arabian Airways. We took the train!

TravelerRob and Bonnie like this.