Eek! Need help. BA impromptu flight change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by justing, Jun 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

  1. justing

    justing Active Member

    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    11
    Status Points:
    70
    Hi there fellow travelers, another odd ball situation has popped up, for whatever reason, I can't seem to avoid them.

    I'm currently in IAH waiting on a RT flight to RKE (Copenhagen, via LHR)

    I just found out I'm going to be needed in AMS (Amsterdam). I checked and of course BA wants to charge me $500 PLUS full fare to change my flight to AMS instead of RKE.

    I would be much cheaper to just book another flight directly from LHR to AMS since I have a layover already. Is there rules against not showing up for the second leg of a flight? I still have full intentions of flying back to IAH as planned (RKE>LHR>IAH). I have no checked bags, only carry ons. I even have tons of Avios I could use in a pinch.

    Any thoughts or help??

    Thanks!
     
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

    HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

    Messages:
    12,504
    Likes Received:
    20,199
    Status Points:
    16,520
    They (or rather, their computer) would probably cancel your return trip if you no-show for the LHR-RKE segment. Could you just book a flight RKE-AMS?
     
    edekba likes this.
  3. edekba

    edekba Gold Member

    Messages:
    3,462
    Likes Received:
    3,783
    Status Points:
    2,145
    Your title is a bit misleading ... i thought BA changed the flight on you & not you needing to be somewhere else.

    As @HaveMilesWillTravel said earlier, if you no show for the LHR-RKE segment BA could cancel the RKE-LHR-IAH segment, especially if it was booked as a RT. If it was 2 separate one ways ... maybe you could do that.
     
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. justing

    justing Active Member

    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    11
    Status Points:
    70
    Thanks for the info, I asked the attendant in the lounge and she said the exact same thing. She did put a "block" on my return to make sure they did not cancel it in the mean time.

    She told me to discuss with a ticketing agent in LHR and I might have better luck trying to find some answers.

    @HaveMilesWillTravel, I checked, there is a KLM flight I can take, I was just trying to avoid going to Copenhagen if I didn't need to. I'm going to end up back there in a few days for my return. We'll see how it turns out. Flight is delayed, so should be plenty of time to sweet talk an agent at LHR.
     
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

    HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

    Messages:
    12,504
    Likes Received:
    20,199
    Status Points:
    16,520
    Maybe if your flight to Copenhagen is delayed, you could claim a partial trip in vain :)
     
    Counsellor and skyvan like this.
  6. justing

    justing Active Member

    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    11
    Status Points:
    70
    ^^^ I like your style :)
     

Share This Page