Editing a post causes a blank screen

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by TravelerRob, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've posted a few things last night and today and twice I found it necessary to go in and edit what I wrote. I clicked the edit button, a separate pop-up window opened with my text and I edited as appropriate. I then clicked 'Save'.

Both times I got nothing but a blank page back in Firefox 3.6. If I hit refresh on the browser it's still blank. I have to actually click the 'back' button to get back to the thread and then I can hit refresh to see my updated content.

Is anyone else noticing this problem? I'm sure I can't be the only user who uses MP through Firefox.

Thanks,
    RM

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    FF 3.6.13 is what I use and I definitely have not seen that issue ... sorry.

Kaanapali likes this.
  3. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chrome user here - I do not have a problem editing.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had problems where the cursor never shows up in the edit box, where pressing backspace or delete doesn't actually remove the highlighted text and various other issues. But not this particular bug described above.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    A bunch of us have run into this- I've hit it on FF 3.6 and 4.0, WinXP.
    What is your browser and OS?
    The fix is to click the "Bold" button, but that only works for me half the time.
    The workaround is to click the "more options" button.

6. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had the same issues Wandering Aramean has as well as the backward text I described here but not the blank screen. The good news is that if I cancel and try again it often resolves itself in one iteration and I can successfully edit the post.

7. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Can you make note of what posts you are editing when this happens to you again an post it here? That might give some ideas, but in general I haven't seen this problem yet. Thanks!