Edelweiss service ZRH-YVR?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Stephan, Nov 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope this is appropriate to ask in this forum.

My mother and her girlfriends are thinking of taking WK to ZRH (connecting to MRS) from YVR next summer. Any thoughts on quality and service levels? What can she expect? Any pitfalls?
    Thank you in advance

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Edelweiss is a leisure destination operator. I would say it is OK however there is nothing really to expect- it is a lesiure charter service- I am not sure you earn any miles with Edelweiss- in which case they may be better off taking the new Lufthansa service to Munich from YVR and connecting to Marseilles there.

3. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I have mentioned that flight to her. She isn't in the points game so to speak as much as I try to help her there, but the retired ladies were not thrilled with Air Transat last trip, so the question about Edelweiss came up. Similar to Condor, Thomas Cook etc. I guess, no? I was just wondering if anyone had first hand experiences - good or bad. cheers.

4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't anything about Edelweiss but charters tend to have very tight seating and sometimes older aicraft. There are also few spare planes and sometimes little slack in their schedule so sometimes they can be greatly delayed. Usually the service it a bit better and more reliable on a scheduled airline, though not the fees, and problems can occur on any flight.

5. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it's a SWISS issued ticket, you earn miles on Edelweiss just as normal. As far as the service itself, it's ok. They used to utilise them on flights to Budapest not too long ago.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think only if it is a Swiss flight number- just a ticket issued on 724 stock alone is not enough.

8. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could be. My experience has always been an LX flight number with a 724 ticket. Not sure what's the situation if otherwise.

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    So a wetlease in which case you receive mileage. I don't know without the LX flight number (I don't think so).

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Crediting to what program? The general rule with *A is that metal matters, not the marketing carrier or the ticket stock.

11. oliver2002
    Original Member

oliver2002 Silver Member

Status Points: