eCredits for delayed flights; when/how do they get applied?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MalcoveMagnesia, Mar 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    So my flight from Tampa this morning was delayed for over two hours due to mechanics having to inspect & futz with an engine thanks to a birdstrike. While seemingly half the plane stepped off in order to get onto different flights for their INTL connections, I was thankful that I had stayed on the plane because right before the door closed, a Red Coat came onboard and distributed those famous "Please Accept Our Apologies" eCredit brochures.

In First Class (where I was doubly thankful to have scored a battlefield upgrade), the eCredit brochure was for $100 off a future flight. There's no actual unique number on the voucher though (i.e. no 006-type number to enter into the eCredit redemption site). And a few hours after my flight has finished, any eCredit hasn't automagically appeared in my account.

At what point would that eCredit appear and if it doesn't, should I do the "Talk To Us" thing? I'm curious to see if I actually get the $100 credit or if they'll only give $25 or whatever peanut-values Coach pax got (since I'm not sure if my PNR got updated with my new seating info).

2. Sobriglia

Sobriglia Active Member

Status Points:
    I would contact Delta now; after all, what is to be gained by waiting? My wife and I had a similar experience several months ago and the eCredits for each of us showed up in our accounts promptly. Curiously, we also got an email of apology and 2500 miles too. [​IMG]

3. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right. I did e-mail it in the next day and they issued the ecredit within a few hours. I was actually impressed with the speed & ease.

4. GreyedOut
    Original Member

GreyedOut Silver Member

Status Points:
    So did you get the $100 or lesser value?