Economy Plus (ex-Continental 777s)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by DaviddesJ, Mar 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know the schedule for converting former Continental planes to have Economy Plus seating with extra legroom? I am particularly interested in the 777s that fly EWR-PEK and EWR-PVG. (Whether I can get Economy Plus seats is a big factor in whether to shell out for business class.) I'm looking at flights in June and July, the online system is showing the current seat layout still in effect, but I don't know if that's definitive.

2. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen reports that it will happen by May or June. It might still be a bit early for the seat map to reflect this, but I suspect the odds are in your favor. However, it's subject to change, and so far, none of the sCO 777s have E+.

3. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Active Member

Status Points:
  4. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Found this on another thread recently. It does a good job explaining current status. https://sites.google.com/site/theunitedairlinesfleet/interior-modifivations-747-757-767-777

COFlyerCLE and Xyzzy like this.
  6. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    WilCo likes this.
  7. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's the main reason I replied, even though I knew it was elsewhere. It will help me find the site again if I need it. As I fly IAH-FRA often, I'm very curious about the 764 upgrades and this site is much easier than the alternate methods I was using to try to keep track!

Xyzzy likes this.
  8. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Abs:)lutely! I've finally bookmarked them both :)

9. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    why not simply fly on UA metal where you know you will have E+, true it wont be non-stop. But Ive been doing my TPACs via LAX or SFO, and actually find it refreshing to get off and walk around abit, rather then endure a 14+ hrs flight

also until say 20 out of the 22 have E+ its still too good a chance of getting all E-, or in my case I had no luck at all. I got that sole remaining 777 that didnt get into the shop for the new BF seats both on my Outbound and then 2 weeks later on my Inbound. It was great once she did go in as then Finally there was no way to get the old seats