Economy Plus Annual Option - Can you credit to other airlines?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JetsettingEric, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    This may not be the best place for this question - as most members are elites. But has anyone had any experiences with the E+ annual option and crediting to a different partner?

The terms & conditions say that you must be a mileage plus member, but doesn't say anything about crediting to mileage plus. The UA site is also pretty good about adding in other partners status in (say, use my UA miles for a UA award, but put my US number for Star Gold status).

I know i can buy and refund within 7 days if it doesn't work, but hopefully someone has experience with this that they can share.

Thanks!

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure what you mean by crediting E+ to another partner. E+ only exists on UA. It's just extra spacing between seat rows, and rather than pay per flight you can buy an annual option to get E+ on all flights. What would you expect to get from US or another *A carrier by purchasing an E+ annual option?

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Credit the mileage earnings for the flight to another program while retaining the E+ seat (which is presumably accessible if the MP # is in the PNR). Don't know the answer other than that I suspect it's possible to change at the gate without losing the seat.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you'd have to do it at the gate. Otherwise any system sweep they did would likely boot you out. With the impending change to the new system that doesn't do sweeps like that it might be less of an issue, but that's where I'd say it is right now.

5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much for the quick response. That is exactly what i wanted to know.

Scottrick - sorry for being unclear. HaveMilesWillTravel read my mind and got it right on.

6. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I seem to recall on UA that you used to be able to specify different FFP numbers for accrual versus status, FQTV (use other number for mileage accrual) vs FQTS (use MP number for E+ access), but I've never done so personally nor know if it's still possible to do so now.