Economy has companies still scrimping on travel, survey saysZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, Aug 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    USA Today: Economy has companies still scrimping on travel, survey saysZ

I know the economic woes continue on both sides of the Atlantic... With this survey, is 407 business travelers' opinions really reflecting the industry?

It seems, at least among many I know, that travel has picked up for some, but not others.
    When I'm on work travel with my current employer, it's always been the cheapest fare...no matter what the economy was doing.
    :)

sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a big surprise, let's only hope that the global economy picks up and demand for business and private travel will grow in unison too. One other factor of course, especially in business is technology ie. video conferencing in non-urgent situations who don't require face to face meetings, plus of course the growing cost of flying, even on corporate discounts on airlines / hotels. It should also be a reflection for private trips that inflation around the world ie. food inflation, energy inflation and other higher costs incl. fees charged by airlines have an impact in certain regions on our planet right now in which demand for flying is softening, thanks to our unpredictable times we live in.